Monday, July 22, 2013

WATCH OUT EVERYBODY, I'm writing another blog and it hasn't been a year :) 

OK, getting serious, today I had a moment of reflexion as Dominick and I were at the oncologist. Today, as we sat in a PACKED waiting room, I was looking around at all the children that were waiting to go back. Lots of them had lost their hair, some looked like Dominick (normal) making me wonder if they were "new" or just there for a check-up. The kids that always make the trip tough are the sick ones. Of course my heart breaks looking at the kids that are sick, but now as a mom, I can't help but look at the mothers of these innocent children and my heart breaks just as much (if not more.) One mom was holding a throw-up bucket for her daughter and another mom was holding her upset baby. I offered to help the mom with the barf bucket and grabbed a nurse who could assist her better than I could. There is nothing worse than seeing a mom with a hurting child. You can see the pain in the mom's eyes and you know any mom would trade places in a heart beat if it was doable. Sitting in this room made me hug Dominick a little tighter as we were waiting. It made me realize I am lucky that he is doing so well, but above all else it made me remember those horrible feelings. I hated seeing my child so sick and knowing there was NOTHING I could do to fix it. So many times I wished I could have just taken all of his pain away and if not that at least taken some of his pain away. It is the worse to just sit back and watch. I don't know why, but today was just a little emotional for me. Maybe the little girl that just died (the Cover Girl) made it more real of what he went through? Or throwing an amazing fun first birthday for my healthy baby made me realize Dominick didn't have the same first birthday? Who knows, maybe I will always have sudden burst of sadness.

Time for some good news people!!! My child is a year and a half cancer free!!! What does this mean? Welp, he needs to be cancer free for 5 years to be "cured" so we are 1 1/2 years down :) He is having all of his usual test done again next month (every 3 months) and I am positive they will keep coming back great :) 

We also had a BIG KID moment today... that took me by complete shock!!! When we got called back to do his blood pressure and all that fun stuff he told me he didn't want me to sit with him!!! (He usually sits in my lap) He said "MOM, NO SIT!!!" I said "You don't want to sit on my lap?" He said "NO MOM" and pointed for me to wait over on the other side of the room!!! WHAT!?!?!? So, there I stood and just watched from a distant! When did he grow up?

(of course I got a picture, what kind of mother would I be if I didn't snap a quick picture of this!!!) 
 AND since he was so good with his labs and such a good boy for the nurses we went and saw dada on the way home :) He loved playing "work" and reminded Ryan many times he was "working" if Ryan tried talking to him :)


After we got home from seeing Ryan we got ready and Kendall went to her one year appointment :) She did really good and hardly cried when she got her shots! 


Today was overall a great day with my little love bugs...
Now off to make dinner :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You're a no reply commenter so I didn't know how to email you to answer your question about the Longchamp but I have the large one.

    And congratulations on the cancer freeness! That is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete